Master of Arts
University of York, Modern History (distinguished) – York, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Arts
Belmont University, Social Entrepreneurship // Leadership Studies (honors) – Nashville, Tennessee
The Native – established 2014
Writing. varied forms of writing including editorial, scriptwriting, press releases, creative nonfiction, research-based guides, and long-form articles. Portfolio includes clients in education, history, environmental sustainability, government relations, and travel.
Research. primary and secondary research in a spectrum of topics. Recent projects include historical research to inform an event script, researching archival photographs and footage from the Civil War through present, authenticating existing research, creating briefs for directed research, and developing research methodologies for valid online research.
Editing. full-scale editing services based on client needs. Recent projects include manuscript proofreading, blog and e-newsletter review, contract and legal document revision, and rewriting editorial content for online platforms.
Work samples are provided throughout this website; however, if you’re wondering about a particular topic that isn’t mentioned, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteerism & Community Engagement
- Queen Margaret’s: Served as member of Charity Council, organizing events. Ran Cancer Research 5k two years in a row.
- Escrick Park: Ran 10k fundraiser for Animal Rescue.
- Grand Union Canal: Ran half marathon for National AIDS Trust.
- Institute for Public Understanding of the Past: Worked with students to research and write tour of York’s involvement in WWI.
- Nashville Public Library: Interviewed and wrote oral history of Nashville flood victims.
- Students in Free Enterprise: Led team of nine students volunteering for 147 Million Orphans.
- Goodwill Industries of Middle TN: completed Organizational Assessment.
- Global Support Mission: Wrote organizational grant.